Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday's Post

Joan is still pretty weak so I am taking dictation again today - Charlie

Feeling better today. Blood counts are all still down, but I feel like I am over a hump. I had a hankering for an orange soda and I phoned Charlie at 6:30 this morning to bring some. I have kept all that I drank down today.. I haven't had to fight down any pills since they are giving me all my meds by IV. Feel so much better doing it that way. Many many thanks to Dereka for putting up with me on my two worst days. Hopefully her next visit will find me greatly improved.

There is a family room here and Charlie and I working on a difficult jig saw puzzle. Dereka we need you.

Had a little black out spell today in the bathroom, After the nurse and dr checked me out they are giving me more fluids and don't seem too concerned. I had an IV installed in my other arm to handle the overload of fluid bags.

Have not resumed knitting but I am thinking about it.  Lots of birds still coming to the feeder. All in all, much better. Did get 8 laps in in spite of all the IVs I have to drag around.  Joan

4 comments:

  1. Joan, Thinking of you--Louisa posted the address of your blog. Hope to see you at Coastal Quilters in the spring! Sending wishes for an increase in your appetite! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh orange soda! Love to hear that you had a craving And kept it down, that is wonderful!
    What kind of puzzle are you working on? Looking forward to seeing a pic when it's done :)
    Kids say hi and they love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are thinking about food and able to keep the orange soda down. Baby steps but they are going in the right direction. Keep up the good work. You are getting more exercise than I am...8 laps. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about knitting points the way to knitting. I don't know what orange soda points to, but it's certainly a unique craving to have at dawn. Maybe tomorrow you'll be thinking about Gatorade and the Boston Marathon.
    Hoping each day is getting better...xo,g

    ReplyDelete