Friday, October 7, 2016

Been here at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center for 3 days now. Got here Wednesday October 5th and spent most of the day having tests and meeting some of the 35 members of my transplant team.At around 5;15 PM I received my big dose of chemo.

On Thursday got lots of anti nausea meds and didn't feel very well all day and they made me very sleepy. Lots of nurses and Drs. in and out all day. Charlie and I walked 1 lap around the patient area and later did 3 more laps.

On Friday they gave me the actual stem cells around 11 am . Didn't go as well as everyone had hoped. After 3 syringes full, my blood pressure dropped, heart rate slowed and I passed out for 15 minutes. After a bunch of tests they still are not sure why that happened but I am ok now. Dr, Meehan and his team have decided I got  enough stem cells and are not going to inject any more since they still don't know why I passed out.

It's 3:40 pm Friday, I am resting comfortably, Charlie is here with me everyday.



1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you Joan. We hd a good turn-out at Coastal Quilters and 17 for the Timnar Tarr workshop. Louise shared how you were doing. We all miss you. Please take care while you recover .Hope that all goes well & that you will be back with us soon. Margaret-Elaine Jinno

    ReplyDelete