Saturday, October 22, 2016

October 22, 2016

Hi Everyone,
    It's been a few days since I posted, at least I can do it myself, no dictation.
On Thursday last, we drove home from DHMC, setting off around 11:00 a.m. Kudos to the Dr's and staff for ensuring the early start.  Much appreciated. The only hiccup happened at the Kennebunk rest area. After going in to pee, I had just gotten settled into the car when I messed my pants, Grrrrrrrrr! So in I went again to clean up.  No other mishaps, but Charlie was a nervous wreck driving 395 through  Portland. I felt for him but there was nothing I could do except stay awake and keep an eye on traffic and offer words of encouragement. We arrived home about 5:15 p.m. Friend Deb arrived about 5:45 with chicken soup for our supper.
    Nice to sleep in our own bed again but I'm waking up at the times when the night nurses would come in for vitals and the phlebotomist would come in to draw blood (3:30 a.m.).  And then I'm napping during the day at the same times I did in the hospital. On the whole, sleep is elusive.  So is appetite.  I eat a little something when I feel hungry, mostly Deb's soup.  Baked goods are impossible to swallow, my mouth is so dry.  I have no saliva to help wash things down.
       Yesterday I saw Dr. Connelly at WCGH and received two bags of hydration while there. I go back on Monday for more hydration and blood work. On Wednesday we go back to DHMC for a follow up visit.  We will stay overnight and come back on Thursday.
      My energy level is extremely low and I have no interest in knitting or applique at all (yikes) and I'm running out of steam for this post so I think this is it.

Love to all, Joan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joan,
    Despite your low energy levels, your post was long and informative and that alone speaks volumes about how much better you are feeling. Yup, I know there's a long way to go, but I'm so impressed about how quickly you're turning all this around. Just keep chugging along at this pace and you'll be amazed that soon you'll feel like doing all the things that you have no energy for now.
    Glad to read that you're home. Hang tough. It sounds like you're doing everything right!!
    Hugs, Roxanne

    ReplyDelete