Saturday, October 29, 2016

Joan can have visitors and would enjoy seeing you! Please call first and read the following list of things you need to know about Stem Cell patient visiting.

1. Only one visitor at a time
2. If you have been sick recently, feel like you are coming down with something or have family at home that are sick, please don’t come and visit for a couple weeks.
3. School age kids shouldn’t visit.
4. Pets can’t visit.
5. When you get here take off your shoes and leave them on the porch. Bring some slippers or socks for inside.
6. Do your hands, fingers and wrists with hand sanitizer, we have lots.
7. No plants or flowers, fresh fruit or vegetables.
8. If you want to bring food, call first to see what is allowed.
8. No touching, you can pass things back and forth, just keep using the hand sanitizer.

 There you have it!!  Doc's new orders. I can have company so if you find yourself with a free hour (or so) bring some handwork and come for a visit. My brain has been feeling focused enough to knit since return from DHMC. I occasionally need to lay my head back and rest my eyes, but I don't feel the need to sleep during the day.
      I thank everyone for the many cards, the emails and blog responses I have received.  They go such a long way toward helping me feel connected to my friends during my confinement.  There were a few days of feeling really lonely and isolated. I'm not really one to wallow in self pity for very long and now that I'm knitting again can applique be far behind?  Occupation is so important and when I didn't have the focus for the handwork I love, I felt like I had nothing.  But today, I have my first lace scarf nearly done and later, I'm going to start organizing my sewing room so that I can sit and sew when the spirit moves me.
        This morning I woke up with no nausea and an appetite (a first since pre transplant) and actually had something like a "real" breakfast. I had a cup of coffee and  a little piece of a bagel with cream cheese and raspberry jam.
          Time to get on with the day.  I'll start with a nice hot shower, using my niece's homemade soap; four ingredients: lye, coconut oil, water and oil of Bergamot. Does it get any simpler than that? And take the rest of the day from there.

Love to you all, Joan

2 comments:

  1. Joan, this is such excellent news. There's nothing that'll make you heal faster than to have close friends with you. I'm delighted that the 'ban' has been semi-lifted. This should make your body and soul heal much faster. Yay!!
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good news! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete